Here’s How You Can Raise Your Home’s Value
Upgrade the KitchenA kitchen is the focal point of a house sale and purchase. Renovating and maintaining your kitchen can increase your home’s value by 10% when you put it on the market. As per the data, more than 50% of home buyers value the condition of the kitchen when making the purchase. Therefore, it is crucial that you make your kitchen priority when renovating. Here are some ways you can upgrade your kitchen.
- Set a budget before you decide to upgrade. It will enable you to get more done for less money.
- Consider upgrading the appliances as it will redefine your cooking experience as well as the kitchen appearance.
- Consider laminates or granite for countertops and flooring. The addition of these elements greatly affects your property value.
- Upgrade ventilation and storage units as they are important factors when people buy houses.
Renovate the BathroomAlthough a bathroom is a very small part of a house, it drives decisions when selling the house. Being one of the smallest areas of the house in terms of per square footage, it is quite a tricky job to renovate it. Here’s how you can renovate your bathroom space to add to your home’s value.
- Plan the layout if you want to change it. Consider waterproof laminates and marble surfaces.
- Redo the plumbing if not done in a while and consider replacing the commode, sink, faucets, and other important elements.
- If space permits, consider getting a bath tub if you don’t have one. This is a great way to upgrade your bathroom.
- Choose the colour of the laminates and marbles that gives you a cosy feeling.
Add energy Efficient FeaturesWhen designing a new house or renovating an existing one, you must consider adding energy efficient features to it. They not only save your money and make your house more durable but also increase its value in the market. Adding features such as a solar power system, cool roofs, thermal insulation system, and small things like installing LED light bulbs can be very beneficial. As these houses can save the residents up to 25% in utilities, they tend to command a better price in the market.
Create More Open SpacesOpen spaces have been around for quite a long time now. They have been a go-to option for home designers in America. Today, while some claim they are out of fashion, they make a house’s value go up in the market. While some of these designs can no longer be used, they still give the residents a more fulfilled living experience. So, try removing any unnecessary partition wall, rearrange furniture and appliances, and create more outlets for ventilation. A house with proper open spaces can command a great price in the market.
Improve Home TechnologyA smart home sells itself in the market. People are always looking for smart homes to buy. Therefore, making your home smarter with trendy technological advancements adds a great deal to the value of your property in the market. Some of the best smart technologies for your home can be the following.
- Smart security system for enhanced security in your home.
- Smart lighting solutions or voice-control lighting systems for home.
- Internet and Wi-Fi connections.
- Smart motion like automated drapes and window shutters.